Library Assistant I – Dog River Library
Part Time (18 hours or less per week)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:00 p.m. Friday, March 2, 2018
This position involves extensive public contact. Duties include staffing the circulation desk, shelving library materials, providing computer assistance and other duties as required. The candidate must be able to work with all ages.
Hours required: Monday through Thursday 4pm to 7pm, alternating Saturdays 8:30am to 4pm
- Required – Associate’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Mandatory – Computer literacy
- Must be able to pass Shelving Test
- Bilingual is a plus
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift and carry 35 pounds, and push loaded book carts without assistance
- Must have and maintain a valid United States Driver’s License (Class C),a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR) and the ability and willingness to drive a county vehicle; if assigned job duties require the use of a vehicle
- Minimum 21 years of ag3
Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory Physical/Drug Screen/MVR and Background Investigation.
Salary: $11.12 hourly, NO BENEFITS
Resumes may be attached, but a resume without a completed application will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you already have an active application on file DO NOT submit another paper application. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and make a request to have your application submitted for the position you are interested in.
How to Submit Applications:
- Faxes are not accepted
- E-mail the application and any required documents to email@example.com
- or mail to: Douglas County Human Resources
8700 Hospital Drive Douglasville, GA 30134
Applications can be downloaded at our website: celebratedouglascounty.com. Under “Hot Spots”, click on the “Employment Opportunities” link. The application link is on the right hand side of the Human Resources webpage under “Downloadable Documents”. Applications can also be obtained from the HR Department on the 1st floor of the Douglas County Courthouse.